Arrow Video is thrilled to announce the release of an almost-forgotten retro 80 slasher flick Blood Rage, presented here for the first time as a brand new 2K restoration of the “hard” home video version.
This new and exciting release will feature a host of bonus content and most impressively not one, but three versions of the film: Blood Rage, the original home video version, Nightmare at Shadow Woods, the theatrical re-cut, and an alternate “composite” cut combining footage from both versions. This new dual-format Blu-Ray and DVD will be released on 23rd November, 2015.
What do you get if you combine Thanksgiving, American TV star Louise Lasser ((Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman), killer 80s synths ans some of the most gruesome special effects in all of slasher history courtesy of Ed (Terminator 2) French. Why, it’s Blood Rage of course!
Twins Todd and Terry seem like sweet boys. That is, until one of them takes an axe to the face of a fellow patron at the local drive-in. Todd is blamed for the bloody crime and institutionalized, whilst twin brother Terry goes free. Ten years later and, as the family gathers around the table for a Thanksgiving meal, the news comes in that Todd has escaped. But has the real killer in fact been in their midst all along? One thing’s for sure, there will be blood and rage!
Shot in 1983 but not released until 1987, Blood Rage (re-cut and shown in theaters as Nightmare at Shadow Woods) is a gloriously gruesome slice of 80s heaven now lovingly restored from original vault elements for its first ever home video release.
3-DISC DIRECTOR-APPROVED LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- Three versions of the film – Blood Rage, the original home video version, Nightmare at Shadow Woods, the theatrical re-cut, and an alternate “composite” cut combining footage from both versions
- Original Stereo 2.0 sound (Uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Marc Schoenbach
- Fully illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Joseph A. Ziemba, author of BLEEDING SKULL! A 1980s Trash-Horror Odyssey
BLU-RAY DISC 1 & DVD – BLOOD RAGE
- Brand new 2K restoration of the “hard” home video version, transferred from the camera negative and featuring the original title card Slasher
- Audio commentary with director John Grissmer
- Both Sides of the Camera – an interview with producer/actress Marianne Kanter
- Double Jeopardy – an interview with actor Mark Soper
- Jeez, Louise! – an interview with actress Louise Lasser
- Man Behind the Mayhem – an interview with special make-up effects creator Ed French
- Three Minutes with Ted Raimi – an interview with actor Ted Raimi
- Return to Shadow Woods – featurette revisiting the original locations in Jacksonville, Florida
- Alternate opening titles
- Motion still gallery featuring rare behind-the-scenes make-up photos
BLU-RAY DISC 2 – NIGHTMARE AT SHADOW WOODS [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]
- Nightmare at Shadow Woods – the re-edited 1987 theatrical cut featuring footage not seen in the Blood Rage home video version
- Alternate composite cut of the feature combining footage from the home video and theatrical versions
- Never-before-seen outtakes